It's been a long cold rainy winter out here in San Francisco, and our Retail Manager, Nick, has been itching to get a group ride together. Well, ladies and gentlemen, it looks like this weekend is our weekend!
This Saturday, April 27th, we'll be meeting at our shop (766 Valencia) at 12:00 noon to kick off our first group ride of the season. The idea is to get a lot of sunshine and see the Big 3 beaches of the city, Ocean, Baker and Crissy Field at a very leisurely pace, making 2 stops for snacks/drinks.
How it's all going down:
- Meet at the shop at 12 noon, rollout at 12:15pm ideally.
- Difficulty: Easy Pace but intermediate distance. Mostly flat with a couple rolling hills and 2 significant hills - Ocean Beach up to cliff house and up from Baker Beach to the bridge. The rest is mostly flat.
- 22.5 miles. Here's the route. (heading West to start)
- Re-charge stop #1 at Kawika's Ocean Beach Deli - 734 La Playa Street: Deli foods and beverages: "We offer espresso drinks, coffee, a full selection of beer, wine, juice and soda pop for take out or dining at the deli."
- Re-charge stop #2 at The Ramp - 855 Terry A Francois Blvd: American food and drinks with outdoor seating and bike parking. The perfect spot to enjoy an adult beverage.
All bikes welcome, all skill levels welcome, all people welcome.
Feel free to reach out to info@missionbicycle with any additional questions you may have before the ride comes up!