- a seven course gourmet meal
- inspiring bicycle short films
- hanging out with your bike community
- compelling conversation and Q&A
- raffles, prizes and beer
...for about 20 bucks?
Sound good? Join us Friday, June 10, for Dinner & Bikes: Food, movies, and bicycle inspiration.
In its 6th year, Dinner & Bikes is a month-long tour that brings people together to eat delicious vegan food and share bicycle stories, campaigns, and inspiration. It's presented by Joe Biel, Elly Blue, Joshua Ploeg and hosted by Mission Bicycle.
Joe Biel is the director of the feature documentary Aftermass: Bicycling in a Post-Critical Mass Portland as well as over 100 short films. He is the author of half-a-dozen books, including Beyond the Music. He founded Microcosm Publishing and has published over 350 nonfiction books, zines, and movies.
Elly Blue is the author of Bikenomics: How Bicycling Can Save the Economy and Everyday Bicycling: How to Ride a Bicycle for Transportation (Whatever your Lifestyle). She's the marketing director of Microcosm Publishing, producing books and zines about all aspects of feminism, self-empowerment, and bicycle transportation.
Joshua Ploeg is the the traveling vegan chef. When not touring the world, he's a personal chef and delighter of secret cafe goers in L.A. His 8th and newest cookbook is This Ain't No Picnic: Your Punk Rock Vegan Cookbook.
What to Expect
- 7:00 Dinner is served
- 7:20 Introductions and raffle (keep eating)
- 7:30 Films, questions, and discussions begin (also, more raffles)
- 9:00 Final film and grand prize raffle
- 9:15 Networking and wrap up
- 10:00 Home in bed (if you want)
- Friday, June 10
- $22 ($5 discount for SFBC members)
- Women's Building (just around the corner from our shop)
Come fill your belly and your mind.
Women's Building - 18th Street between Valencia / Guerrero