Top 7 Most Inspiring Bicycle Quotes
Quotes are great for capturing the essence of notable, hilarious or remarkable ideas. What they omit in detail, they make up for in impact.
So in no particular order, we've compiled 7 of our favorite quotes about the varied world of bikes and cycling, a topic full of grace and humor. Read on.
1. The bicycle is the most civilized conveyance known to man. Other forms of transport grow daily more nightmarish. Only the bicycle remains pure at heart.
- Iris Murdoch
2. Few articles ever used by man have created so great a revolution in social conditions as the bicycle.
- U.S. Census Report, 1900
3. Bicycling is a big part of the future. It has to be. There's something wrong with a society that drives a car to work out in a gym.
- Bill Nye
4. I wouldn't sell my bike for all the money in the world. Not for a hundred million, billion, trillion dollars!
- Pee-Wee Herman
5. The bicycle is the vehicle of a new mentality. It quietly challenges a system of values which condones dependency, wastage, inequality of mobility, and daily carnage.
- Jim McGurn
6. Be at one with the universe. If you can't do that, at least be at one with your bike.
- Lennard Zinn
7. When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells
Keep in touch
Occasionally we share updates to show off new bicycles we've built, promote sales, and reveal new products added to our line-up. Choose a way to be informed: